New to BYC!!!

JosaylnBrown

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Hello my name is Josalyn! I am new to BYC!

I am 22, I live in Idaho and have turkeys, ducks, chickens, dogs, cats & rabbits.

I am newer to the aviary spectrum, though my neighbor works with the local 4h and is a herbologist. So I can always ask him questions... he is the one that got me started on rabbits as well as birds

I guess if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Josalyn

Welcome to BYC.
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! Definitely stop by our learning center for lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry.

Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

I'll have to take a look at the learning center! Thanks!

Emma -
I have a Blue Swedish, Pekin, Cayuga, 2 Bronze Turkeys, 2 Silver Laced Wynadotte, 1 rabbit I'm guessing is a mix (maybe part Rex?) one that is a rex/angora mix, a pug, a hound/pitbull mix and two tabby cats. (The dogs are kept separate from the birds). The rabbits were rescues (people got them and decided that they didnt want them or their dog tried to kill them), so I'm not 100% on either of their breeds, thats just the best I've come up with.
Josalyn

Hi, and welcome. As to cats and chickens, look at my pix and you can see that they get along just fine. I take care of ( embarrassed to mention the number but its 6 ) cats and they are ALL FIXED, They will not bother adult chickens even as they are very small bantams. I did have to guard my young chicks until they grew bigger. But I also have a few pigeons that are larger than my bantams, and I see my cats licking their chops when near their cage.

Cavemanrich,
Ha! that is funny! I am not to worried about the cats and chickens, ducks, and turkeys! My neighbor has chickens and my outdoor cat wont really go near them! He did get in their coop once, though they had poults at that time and I'm sure that's what he was going for. But most cats wont go near a full grown chicken. All my animals (except the rabbits and birds) are all fixed. My dogs and my cats are spayed and neutered! It is the only way to go!
Josalyn

Back
Top Bottom