New to BYC

Alaskanhens

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 31, 2014
Hello everyone!
I've been reading posts here for a while and have finally joined in! I have 5 girls that are roughly 10 weeks old (4 girls for sure, 1 is still a little questionable!) I don't know what kind yet, but I'm fairly convinced 3 are white leghorns, and perhaps 2 aracaunas? I'm still new to this. We live in Alaska, and are just starting out on keeping chickens and so far the whole family really loves it! I have two toddlers enjoying them very much, and I love them too but am anxious to get their coop up and running. They are free ranging in the day and in our garage still at night, but hopefully next week they'll be out full time! Looking forward to getting to know people here and learning a lot more about chickens!

You can post clear, closeup pictures of head(showing comb) and side view-standing oF your ??? bird at "what breed or gender if this," and see what the posters come up with.

You can also post the photos here and get a consensus from us too. We love photos.

To find people in your area go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum. You can locate and post on the Alaskan thread , and hopefully find others near you. Best way to learn what breeds do best in your climate, who has what for sale, where the best feed stores are etc. Welcome to BYC.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Back
Top Bottom