New to BYC

Monroe758

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 27, 2014
Camden, NC
New member....
We have 7 chickens that are organically fed.
We have:
Buff Orphinton
Barred Rock
California white
Red Sex link x2
Black sex link
And one we are not sure of.

Hi :welcome

So pleased you could join the flock! I've had an orpington before it was a lovely bird but turned out to be rooster so I had to rehome him. I've also had red sexlinks which were excellent egg layers. I'm sure if you post a pic in the what breed gender section other members will be able to help you identify your unknown bird. Here is the link.. https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.

Good luck in the future and hope you enjoy BYC. Be sure to ask any questions you may have everyone here to help :frow

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! The members here are great and so are their chickens;)!!! This is the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM ON EARTH!!!!

Hope you have fun and if you need anything we are here to help!!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. I'm glad you decided to join our flock. If had all of your breeds and hybrids at one time or another over the past 50 years and you have some excellent layers. Black Sex Links have become my favorite chickens; hardy and friendly, egg laying machines. I've raised them for years and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 egg per hen per year. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom