New to chicken raising.

deerslayer6

In the Brooder
Jun 14, 2021
We got our first chicks April 17, 2021. We got 5 Golden Comets, 2 Sapphire Gems, 1 Buff Orpington, 1 Plymouth Rock, 1 Americana Egger. That was supposed to be it lol. Then on May 25 we got 1 Australorp, 1 Cornish Rock, 1 Plymouth Rock, 1 Whistful Wyandotte, and 5 Silkies. Sorry if I miss spelled any of them. We just introduced the first batch to the new coop. So far it has been a lot of fun. We both recently retired so we are able to devote a lot of time to our new hobby. They make us laugh everyday. It's definitely been a leaning experience and a lot of fun.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Hopefully peeps from your climate zone will be along to offer advice on the coop insulation, or you can ask on your state thread (see my signature). Here are some helpful links:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Congratulations on already adding to your new flock! You will fit in fine here, as many of us have trouble staying with Plan A. I added two batches of chicks this spring, although I vowed to add No More Chickens this year.

Amish-built coops tend to be well-built. I have a coop with an insulated tin roof and two coops that just have plywood underneath the tin. Both seem to work fine for me.

Welcome to BYC and the chicken-raising adventures in your future!

Back
Top Bottom