new to chicken raising

Sundown Feathers

In the Brooder
Dec 11, 2023
I would like someone to help me with my 11 week old chicks. The Backyard Chickens is hard to ask questions. Especially is you are not computer literate.

I need help with my chicks. And have many questions but cant use the website.

I would like someone to help me with my 11 week old chicks. The Backyard Chickens is hard to ask questions. Especially is you are not computer literate.

I need help with my chicks. And have many questions but cant use the website.

We'd need to know more about what's wrong with your chicks and things like...

When did this start?

What breed are they?

What do you feed them? Are they eating and drinking okay?

What symptoms do they have?

What does their poop look like?

Last edited:
Well, I think they were born with worms. I have a very small coop my husband purchased from Tractor supply. Like a joke.
I think they have that disease call cocchoia or how you spell it. Ihave spent $300.00 for a vet appointment because I need help with them. I am giving them chick feed, DE sprinkled on all stuff they touch and every time they poop and I can catch them doing it - I remove it. I have not let them outside at night. They have come to know I will pickthem up and put in a smaller dog cage at night. I am scared to leave them out at night. I guess I will have to camp out ther myself to protect them.
They did not dig down very far on this coop and I can hardly reach in to catch them
I am in Florida. Sun is going down about 6 or so. They stand at the gate where I open the coop to pick them up and take them to my garage at night I don't want worms, mites or anything like that.

Please help me.

Jill Cole
727-420-8306

Yes, most prebuilt coops are horrible, especially because they will list it holds twice the number of chickens than what it actually can.

Chicks are not born with worms.

What did the vet tell you? You haven't mentioned any symptoms yet. If you believe they have coccidiosis, then they'd need Corid. I'll attach the dosage for either powder or liquid and TSC sells that.

Corid does not kill worms, nor does DE, so if you think they have worms, Safeguard is the number one product I've seen used. Let us know and we'll give you dosage for that too.

Here's what the Corid liquid looks like.

Attachments

• Corid liquid.png
    Corid liquid.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Corid dosage chart.jpg
    Corid dosage chart.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom