New to chickens and BYC!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Unusual for a white leghorn to b so friendly, you lucked out there. The others will warm up to you over time, especially if you visit them with treats
wink.png

Welcome to BYC Josh! You got a nice mixed flock and congrats on already getting eggs.

That's fun to have a chicken (like your Leghorn) that adopts you. In our mixed flock of 16 one of the Red Stars and one of the Rhode Island Reds seem to feel I'm their special human. Our flock includes a couple of the breeds you have, Black Australorps and Speckled Sussex, both beautiful breeds.

Have fun with your girls and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. There are a lot of knowledgeable and friendly people here. And if you want to introduce yourself to other Texans, here's the Texas state thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/44/texas

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all your warm welcomes! I will absolutey ask if something starts troubling me! Ask me anything as well!

Thanks for the reply!

I really like the colored eggs that the Ameraucana has the potential to lay, but personality wise I love the White Leghorn. She follows me around and has warmed up to me the quickest. The others are not to sure of me yet!

What kind do you have?

Thanks,
Josh
your welcome :) thats cool that your leghorn is so nice...you are lucky. All the leghorns i have kept have been flighty and slightly mean. :D

I have a lot of chickens....my favorites are cochins, jersey giants, and Brahmas. :)

Back
Top Bottom