New to chickens and the group

5littlechickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 29, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm the proud new keeper of 5 little chickens. Well actually my eleven year old and I are the proud chicken keepers, but I think I might just be the primary care taker. We ended up with our chickens a bit spur of the moment like. My son has wanted them ever since we moved to our house two years ago and one day when we were at the local market what do we see but a sign for free chickens. Needless to say somehow I decided that free chickens sign meant now was the time for us to finally become chicken keepers. Now I am the proud and very happy keeper of two Old English Game hens, two Old English Game roosters and one silkie hen. We ended up with the two roosters because apparently I'm a sucker for a cute young chicken face. So far our two roosters get along fine but one of them is still a youngster and things could certainly change there. The girls are all quite productive little egg layers, boy those little eggs sure look cute fried, and tastey too.

So there's my chicken story and now here's a little about me. I'm a stay at home mom of three boys, ages 11, 8, and 6. I also have one husband, a dog, and a cat. We live in the Southern Willamette Valley of Oregon, in a little house in the country. In my freetime (ha, ha, what's that?) I garden, love to read, do a little felting from time to time, need to do more of that and basicly just try to enjoy life.

I'm very glad to have found this site and have learned a lot just from reading. I'm sure that as we embark on building the chickens their permanent home I will have many questions and be doing a lot of looking at all your wonderful coop photos.

Jody

hello Jody!
welcome-byc.gif
from Wa state!
I myself am a sucker for cute little chicken faces as well. I can commiserate with you on that! LOL I guess any cute little face, not just chicken hahaha

Back
Top Bottom