New to chickens ... any help with gender and breed

Thanks, that seems to be the consensus ... Oye, I thought getting a couple young hens would be so easy.

Looks like a cockerel to me. Mixed RIR and Amerecauna if that is what they had to choose e from. Def has some RIR in him.

Getting Hens can be harder than you think :) LOL Most of us learn the hard way.

Definitely won't be able to keep him. I am in a neighborhood that would not appreciate crowing. I have, what I think are 2 RIR hens (at least they appear to be hens), about 4-5 months . I want 1 or 2 more hens, for a total of 3-4 birds. So this guy will be going back to the farm he came from. Back to the farm and try to take a stab at maybe another younger bird. The thought was that I could get my birds established while they were all fairly young.

Definitely won't be able to keep him. I am in a neighborhood that would not appreciate crowing. I have, what I think are 2 RIR hens (at least they appear to be hens), about 4-5 months . I want 1 or 2 more hens, for a total of 3-4 birds. So this guy will be going back to the farm he came from. Back to the farm and try to take a stab at maybe another younger bird. The thought was that I could get my birds established while they were all fairly young.

Oh I so understand having an established flock wile they are young and I hope this all works out for you and so sorry about your young pullet turning out to be a roo ......

One of my young lady's with her chicks and I know there is going to be a lot of crowing going on this fall .....

I sure wish you luck in finding some pullets and maybe this time the farm can give you the pullets you need
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom