New to Chickens, but so in Love

pjsforgiven

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 23, 2012
Hello Everyone,
I have my friends to thank for getting me hooked on chickens and guineas. I now have 4 buff orpingtons, 2 guineas and 3 cochin bantams (I think the are cochin Bantams). I am not sure of the last 3 they were orphans and I adopted them. Each one was was the only surviving hatchling from there batch of eggs. We are currently building a coop to house them all, or should I say my poor unsuspecting husband is building the coop to my specifications. lol My 13 year old daughter has jumped on board with me and this has become our summer project and we could not be happier. I am excited to see them growing and watching their personalities develop. We haven't named them all yet but we are working on that. If you get a chance to check out my pictures please comment on what you think my 3 adopted babies might be. I look forward to lots of advice and stories about your families, human and fowl. God Bless to all.

Welcome to BYC! You should post your pictures of your bantams on "What Breed or Gender Is This?" page. Good Luck with your new chickens :)

welcome to the coop
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome. You will love it here.

Glad to hear that your 13 yr old is into it. My 14 yr old daughter ended up trading in a lot of "mall" time for hanging out and carrying for the peeps which was such a pleasant surprise. We are getting 15 Australorps as soon as they hatch and she has announced they are her charges.
It is a nice way to spend time with your kids and their hands are too busy to text ;)

Back
Top Bottom