New to chickens but super excited!

breezyleaf

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2022
Hello All! I have finally got my very own chickens! I've wanted them all my adult life, and as I neared 50, I finally made it happen.
I've got 4 Golden Comets (they just started laying a couple of weeks ago). I really love watching them scratch around and just be happy birds. They are fun to watch and when I also get eggs out of the deal.

Since my husband and I bought a log cabin on 5 acres, I have rekindled my love of gardening and growing our own food. We have one little terrier mix, Waffles, and he is totally in love with protecting his "girls". Every morning, he bounds out the door and heads straight for the coop and won't leave until the call for a treat comes.

Hello All! I have finally got my very own chickens! I've wanted them all my adult life, and as I neared 50, I finally made it happen.
I've got 4 Golden Comets (they just started laying a couple of weeks ago). I really love watching them scratch around and just be happy birds. They are fun to watch and when I also get eggs out of the deal.

Since my husband and I bought a log cabin on 5 acres, I have rekindled my love of gardening and growing our own food. We have one little terrier mix, Waffles, and he is totally in love with protecting his "girls". Every morning, he bounds out the door and heads straight for the coop and won't leave until the call for a treat comes.
So cute! Good luck! Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom