New to chickens & excited for my own flock

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kpdov, Apr 6, 2016.

1. kpdov

kpdov New Egg

Apr 6, 2016
    Hi Everyone - I have been planning and researching chickens for over a year and now I'm ready for my babies to arrive. A friend of mine is raising 3 Rhode Island Red chicks for me with her own chickens. Then I decided I want more than 3 chickens, so I ordered 2 Cream Legbar juvenile pullets. In about 3-4 weeks, I'll have my flock! I've been doing so much chicken research in preparation for a successful experience and I've really enjoyed learning from the Backyard Chickens forum. Everyone here has been a wealth of information! Thanks for sharing your experiences and I look forward to learning even more as a member!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced chicken keepers - loads of info on anything chicken. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
    CT

3. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It seems there is always something new to learn about poultry, that's part of what makes it interesting. And the chicken tv is great!

Enjoy your new flock. It's nice to have you join us!

4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    [​IMG] Congratulations on the start of your flock.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    It would be a good idea if you start reading articles on "integrating new birds (RIR) with the Cream Legbars - as they will be total strangers to each other. At 2 weeks of age they start determining pecking order.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by