New to chickens from Arkansas

Ritzydoll

Chirping
Dec 5, 2018
Hi everyone! So my family and I are completely new to chickens. We are raising our first chicks which are now 12 weeks old. Since my originality isn't at the top of it's game today, I'll just use the recommended questions to introduce myself.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes, see above.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

(3) What breeds do you have?

Buff Orpington, White Cochin, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Plymouth Barred Rock, & Partridge Barred Rock...We wanted variety!
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
So far I love watching them and their quirky personalities. It's an escape to decompress and relax from daily stressors too.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Horseback riding, crafts, and reading.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Married, two kids. Two horses, two cats, and a dog. RN and currently in Nurse practitioner school. Hence the need for chickens to de-stress. Lol
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
This was one of the first websites I found when trying to learn more about chickens in preparation for my chicks.

E4DFA7B2-22E3-4E46-9C5B-E3E505B437F7.gif
84E38514-7F1C-4EBE-BF41-E0382B9C5767.gif

Welcome to BYC! Check out the Learning Center. Lots of good information. https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

Back
Top Bottom