New to chickens, old hand with birds

HoneysMum

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2018
Fort Myers, FL
Hi all, we are a family brand new to chickens but not at all new to birds. I’m Rachel, and my husband Patrick and I let our kids talk ya in to keeping an egg they hatched for science/educational purposes as homeschoolers. So now, we have one, extremely spoiled and beloved Easter Egger. I have learned so much just lurking in this forum that I was able to help bring a Silkie chick successfully through coccidia.

We are already owned by a blue and gold macaw and a peach raced lovebird. Our Honey completes the flock.

I am grateful to be here, grateful for what I’ve learned and eager to learn more on our journey. *waves*

:welcome Glad you decided to join, more fun then lurking :gig You will find everyone here friendly, helpful & some with great experience. I was in awe when I found there are members Worldwide :eek: So much info here and learning :caf You may want to update your profile with your location, makes it easier for replies knowing your time zone and weather climate. Enjoy

byc1-hello-there.gif

hithere.gif
I've heard of some people keeping a single house chicken, is yours in the house with your other birds? Do you ever plan on getting more? Somehow, chickens are pretty addictive, and more always seem to come along!

Glad you joined the group, good luck with your sweet little flock!

View attachment 1601419
View attachment 1601421 I've heard of some people keeping a single house chicken, is yours in the house with your other birds? Do you ever plan on getting more? Somehow, chickens are pretty addictive, and more always seem to come along!

Glad you joined the group, good luck with your sweet little flock!

She is! We have a bird area with easy clean up and she gets lots of outside time, as well as play dates with her friends on a farm. I can believe they are addictive. Even my husband has fallen purely in love with her. She helped and comforted our elderly Sphynx cat (my husband’s pal) as she passed, so she won her place in his heart forever.

Back
Top Bottom