New to chickens

mrscrowe711

Hatching
Aug 14, 2016
i just got 2 buff brahma chicks. They are about 2 weeks old. One of them has not ate since I got it and it's been about 6 hours now. The other seems to be fine. Any suggestions?

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It may just be a change in environments that's upset it a little. It may need a little more time to settle. Have you shown the chick where the food is by tapping your finger in the food? How is the chick acting other than not eating?

Hi and welcome to BYC! You already got some great suggestions, so I just wanted to say good luck with your new chicks and thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Ok. How tf do u ask a question on here, seriously? I've been searching and searching and still can't figure out where you do it..

Ok. How tf do u ask a question on here, seriously? I've been searching and searching and still can't figure out where you do it..

First you locate the appropriate forum. For instance, if you had a question abut predators you'd go to the Oredators and Pests forum. Then you hit Start New Thread. A text box pops up and you type in your question and hit Submit. Does that clarify it?

My chick died yesterday morning :(
The other one is doing a great. I'm going to get more chicks tonight. Hopefully they do well together as they are a different breed

I am so sorry for your loss! I recently had a predator attack and lost 5 of my babies. I know how it feels. Chickens of a different breed should get along fine. They do not know the difference. You may have problems just introducing the new ones, but it is not because of breed differences. Welcome to BYC! Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom