New to chickens!

krysta

Songster
7 Years
Mar 31, 2017
OK people....I'm completely new to chickens and freaking out! I think I have some roos! I can't have them where I live can ANYONE help???

Its about a 6 week old Easter egger.

I also have 2 light brahmas...very different and they are both 4 weeks old
[/IMG]

First off I'm very new to this, so I am no expert at this bu my best guess would be a roo do to the size of comb. I also have EE just a bit older and their combs are tiny in comparison

Thats what I'm afraid of...he/she has the sweetest personality and my favorite! I've looked all over the place on the internet and every chicken is different. I was even thinking she may have some Rhode island red in her...I dunno but I'm praying for a pullet!!! Thanks for the help!!!

I hope my EE is a pullet....it has the sweetest personality ever!!!

OK people....I'm completely new to chickens and freaking out! I think I have some roos! I can't have them where I live can ANYONE help???

Its about a 6 week old Easter egger.
welcome-byc.gif
This looks like a brown leghorn more then a EE, it has no pea comb, and her legs arent blue, and leghorns are know for very big comb and wattle, so its probably a hen, and for the light brahma it looks like a roo but i've had 4 brahmas and though for sure it was a roo but turned out to be a hen, looked just like the one you have. Cou;d you take some more pics? hope this was helpful

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom