New to chickens

CJAppleking

In the Brooder
Sep 1, 2019
Hi. My name is Christine... my family bought a house in Florida and the former owner couldn’t take her chickens and turkey so now I find myself learning all kinds a new things. We have 5 hens, 2 roosters and a turkey. I have no idea what breeds they are but they’re all so gorgeous, even the one mean Rooster. I’m partial to the docile/submissive rooster tho. He’s my favorite. He’s like a puppy that follows you around ❤️ Anyway thanks for this site. It’s great and I can’t wait to see what our new life with chickens brings us.

Hi. My name is Christine... my family bought a house in Florida and the former owner couldn’t take her chickens and turkey so now I find myself learning all kinds a new things. We have 5 hens, 2 roosters and a turkey. I have no idea what breeds they are but they’re all so gorgeous, even the one mean Rooster. I’m partial to the docile/submissive rooster tho. He’s my favorite. He’s like a puppy that follows you around ❤️ Anyway thanks for this site. It’s great and I can’t wait to see what our new life with chickens brings us.

Hello, Christine, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
You can post pictures, full body profile pictures, of each of your chickens in the What Breed or Gender is This? forum for help identifying their breeds if you want to know.
Congratulations on the new house and insta-flock!

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your flock! I hope that the 2 rooster's don't wear out those 5 hen's. Maybe you could re-home the rooster that you don't like, or send him to freezer camp?
I have been thinking of rehoming the dominant rooster but for now we have them living separate and i plan on introducing more hens to make them happy. My sister that lives with us is vegan and strictly prohibits eating our pets :lol:

Back
Top Bottom