New to chickens

Leelynn

Chirping
Nov 15, 2020
La Pine , Oregon
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had them as a child but not for over 20 years. We are in the process of building a coop to house 4-6 in the spring.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?0

(3) What breeds do you have?
While we don’t have any yet I am looking to get some faverolles. They are good in my climate. It is A breed I’ve never had before- a friend breeds them.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They provide eggs, and are very interactive and entertaining

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?horses are my main.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We live at 4200 ft in the mountains of oregon. My husband and I have a small 1 acre hobby farm. I have 2 girls teenage and almost grown. We have horses dogs cats rabbits.
I am a veterinary tech and work for a small animal clinic.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Just recently joined. Seems like a great resource for information.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I had them as a child but not for over 20 years. We are in the process of building a coop to house 4-6 in the spring.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?0

(3) What breeds do you have?
While we don’t have any yet I am looking to get some faverolles. They are good in my climate. It is A breed I’ve never had before- a friend breeds them.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They provide eggs, and are very interactive and entertaining

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?horses are my main.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We live at 4200 ft in the mountains of oregon. My husband and I have a small 1 acre hobby farm. I have 2 girls teenage and almost grown. We have horses dogs cats rabbits.
I am a veterinary tech and work for a small animal clinic.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Just recently joined. Seems like a great resource for information.

Attachments

• 20201109_231642.jpg
    20201109_231642.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom