New to chickens

hello and welcome to BYC,there are always exception's to the rules,some ppl have pet dog's who don't eat their chicken's,i grew up with dog and chicken's whe never had a problem,i also have an 7 year old shih tzu that forages with the chicken's and wait's at the coop every night to see the safe to bed,she's truly wonderful,the chicken's pay no mind to her and she even lets them roost on her and they are always stay near her when she is out there,so good luck and i'm so glad you joined
hugs.gif

Thank you all for the welcome. I know we absolutely can't let our guard down with the dogs, particularly since one is a hunting dog with an affinity for birds. He's had the shock collar on and responds well with that. But I gotta watch him like a hawk.

hello and welcome to BYC,there are always exception's to the rules,some ppl have pet dog's who don't eat their chicken's,i grew up with dog and chicken's whe never had a problem,i also have an 7 year old shih tzu that forages with the chicken's and wait's at the coop every night to see the safe to bed,she's truly wonderful,the chicken's pay no mind to her and she even lets them roost on her and they are always stay near her when she is out there,so good luck and i'm so glad you joined
hugs.gif

Your dog is definitely the exception, not the rule.

Back
Top Bottom