New to chicks and ducklings

Ajnant

Hatching
Aug 10, 2020
Hiya we have started with having something chicks, now laying hens then incubated chicks now five lovely Dorking cross young hens and four young men.
We then embarked on duckling incubating. I have a duckling that failed to internally pip day 30 that had rythmic repeatable movement gradually reducing movement, large chick. After reading lots assisted to pip internally successfully with no issues. It's yolk sac not absorbed so replaced with inc. humidity and cling film partial over open end egg allowing room for beak. Has now been another 34 hours.. it is trying to hatch pushing out shell and chirping away but can still see little yolk sac ..also now in power cut so sitting with incubator plugged into car... Any advice really welcome as new to this.... X thanks..

Hiya we have started with having something chicks, now laying hens then incubated chicks now five lovely Dorking cross young hens and four young men.
We then embarked on duckling incubating. I have a duckling that failed to internally pip day 30 that had rythmic repeatable movement gradually reducing movement, large chick. After reading lots assisted to pip internally successfully with no issues. It's yolk sac not absorbed so replaced with inc. humidity and cling film partial over open end egg allowing room for beak. Has now been another 34 hours.. it is trying to hatch pushing out shell and chirping away but can still see little yolk sac ..also now in power cut so sitting with incubator plugged into car... Any advice really welcome as new to this.... X thanks..
Odd thing is the other two piped day 26 and born 27 and day 27 born 27.both those doing well. They are welsh harlequin cross cyuga X
Hello there and welcome to BYC!

I am going to move your thread to our Ducks forums for more help with this.

Welcome aboard!
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom