New to chicks and ducks

StacyW89

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2021
Good morning!

1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Had ducks, chickens, geese, and rabbits as a child. Decided about 10 years ago that I wanted some chickens again. Just now making it happen.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 10 chicks that are now a month old (3 RIR, 3 Barred Rock, 4 Silver Lace Wyandotte), 2 ducklings just a week old - I think one is Cayuga and the other is Rouen. I have two duck eggs incubating, with one pipped as of last night.

(3) What breeds do you have? See above

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? started mainly for the eggs, but love watching their personalities develop.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I crochet, Cricut, and read.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Three dogs (2 boxers and a min schnauzer), a cat, and used to have fish.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D An article came up in a web search and I decided it would be a good idea to join since I’m bound to have lots of questions.

Back
Top Bottom