New to Community

TillenaV

In the Brooder
Aug 20, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am somewhat new to raising chickens. My uncle gave me 4 Bantham chicks about 1 1/2 years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 14; 2 rooster, 5 hens and 8 new chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have? Just yard Banty's.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I am disabled and having chickens gives me a reason to go outside. I love sitting on my porch and watching them helps me relaxe.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading, playing video games.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I also have 1 dog and 2 cats. I'm happily married for 5 years now.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I started looking for answers about my chickens behaviours and I always ended up here because of the awesome answers, so I decided to join.

:frowHi and welcome to the community! We're so glad you decided to join us. I see you've experienced "chicken math" - started out with 4 and now have 14! My husband and I started out with about a dozen, nine years or so ago and at the moment have 23, which is about all we have room for. I'd like to have about a dozen more, though, but that would mean adding another building, so ... probably not. I'm like you, though, the chickens give me a reason to go outside, and they are great therapy for whatever ails you! :hugs

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am somewhat new to raising chickens. My uncle gave me 4 Bantham chicks about 1 1/2 years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 14; 2 rooster, 5 hens and 8 new chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have? Just yard Banty's.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I am disabled and having chickens gives me a reason to go outside. I love sitting on my porch and watching them helps me relaxe.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Reading, playing video games.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I also have 1 dog and 2 cats. I'm happily married for 5 years now.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I started looking for answers about my chickens behaviours and I always ended up here because of the awesome answers, so I decided to join.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom