New to ducklings.

Can I add sand as grit? I seen that when I looked up things about feeding the ducks. Or do I need an actual grit specifically for ducklings?

Can I add sand as grit? I seen that when I looked up things about feeding the ducks. Or do I need an actual grit specifically for ducklings?

Chick grit for ducklings and poultry grit when they get older are recommended. As long as the sand has some type of pebbles/coarse particles in it, it should be ok.

Niacin? What is that and where can I get it? Okay so what would be a good diet for the ducklings? Feeding them only check starter doesn't seem to healthy

You can increase niacin with brewers yeast or tablets, there are dozens of posts here of niacin supplementation.

While chick starter isn't as good of an option as a duck starter (better balance of nutrients), it's better than trying to create your own if you don't know duckling nutrient requirements and food stuff composition.

Clint

Okay thank you.
1f606.png
Chick grit for ducklings and poultry grit when they get older are recommended.  As long as the sand has some type of pebbles/coarse particles in it, it should be ok.

Okay thank you.
1f600.png
You can increase niacin with brewers yeast or tablets, there are dozens of posts here of niacin supplementation.

While chick starter isn't as good of an option as a duck starter (better balance of nutrients), it's better than trying to create your own if you don't know duckling nutrient requirements and food stuff composition.

Clint

Back
Top Bottom