New to Ducks after three years of waiting!

Snugaloo

Chirping
May 14, 2021
Hi from Western Washington!
One week ago I picked up my long awaited runners! We were going to go with 2-3 as first timers, but since there is four people in our family, we ended up with four.
I grew up with my grandparents having chickens off and on, and my grandmother once having a couple of ducks. I by far preferred the ducks. Then three years ago I discovered Indian Runners and I was hooked. I have been doing research off and on since then, but thought my husband was joking when he said I could get ducks. But he wasn’t, and this year ended up being the perfect time in our lives to add to our family.
Currently we have 4 cats and a dog (who loves the ducklings), husband, two tween girls and myself.
I have been lurking on the forums for the last month, starting with looking for coop/ run ideas, brooder ideas, feed ideas, etc. I am very grateful for such a great community and wealth of information at my fingertips!

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend!

Attachments

• 6169D74E-105F-4D0F-90F6-C4E1D796E9D0.jpeg
    6169D74E-105F-4D0F-90F6-C4E1D796E9D0.jpeg
    604.7 KB · Views: 6
Hi from Western Washington!
One week ago I picked up my long awaited runners! We were going to go with 2-3 as first timers, but since there is four people in our family, we ended up with four.
I grew up with my grandparents having chickens off and on, and my grandmother once having a couple of ducks. I by far preferred the ducks. Then three years ago I discovered Indian Runners and I was hooked. I have been doing research off and on since then, but thought my husband was joking when he said I could get ducks. But he wasn’t, and this year ended up being the perfect time in our lives to add to our family.
Currently we have 4 cats and a dog (who loves the ducklings), husband, two tween girls and myself.
I have been lurking on the forums for the last month, starting with looking for coop/ run ideas, brooder ideas, feed ideas, etc. I am very grateful for such a great community and wealth of information at my fingertips!

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend!
Congrats on the adorable babies. I too am new to ducks and will get my Welsh Harlequins in 10 days. Always exciting when you get new lil ones in your life.

Back
Top Bottom