new to ducks

DCrow22

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
I bought my kids some ducks and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what they are? here is a picture my son and the ducks
Thanks for the help in advance God Bless!

Dana Crow

I hope this helps if not let me know I took a couple more pics that might help. Thanks

The one behind might be a runner, the one in front, hard to say.... could also be a runner.

Something I would do is put an old towel over that cage wire to keep their feet from getting abraded.

Have you noticed how fast they grow?

the back is a runner the front is not a pekin it has brown on it and the pekins i have been rasing were all yellow and the bill is off color to so im not sure and the front i don't think it is a runner but im not sure

What do you mean by a runner? Like I said I am new to raising ducks and dont know many breeds of ducks!
sad.png

go on google and type in runner ducks there are different kinds but the other one is not a runner for sure now that i look at it .. runner ducks their bodys are more straight up like the one in the back on the second pic

The one in the back definitely looks like a runner. The one in the front I am not sure. Could be part runner. My dad bought 4 runners when I was a kid. After about a month we could tell that one of them was only part runner. It was heavier and didn't stand up as straight as the others. Nor could it run as fast. It was comical watching it try to run with the others.

The one behind might be a runner, the one in front, hard to say.... could also be a runner.

Something I would do is put an old towel over that cage wire to keep their feet from getting abraded.

Have you noticed how fast they grow?
They are very cute, but I agree with Amiga that wire cage on their feet can cause problems. either an old towel you can wash when soiled, or some pine shaving.

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom