New to group!!

Tina Shelton

In the Brooder
May 28, 2017
Weaverville NC
Hello BYC friends,
I'm Tina from Marshall, NC. I've had chickens all my childhood and up into my 20's. I can't remember why I stopped...but now, at 48, I've brought 23 chicks and 2 khaki Campbell ducks into my life. It brings back special memories, making me feel like a kid again. It's very therapeutic for me. I sit and watch them letting time just slip away. It's amazing how fast they grow and how beautiful they've become. I couldn't make my mind up so I purchased 9 different breeds...RiR, Australorp, Brahmas, Buff Orpington, Speckled Sussex, Leghorns, Red Star, Black Star and my freebie I'm pretty sure is a Cochin. I call her Fancy Pants. Because she does look like she wearing a pair of pants. When I let them out of their coop in the morning I say, "schools out!". They act like a bunch of kids excited to get out of school running, playing and flying in the air. Their such a beautiful mix of different colors and personalities. They just make my day and fill my heart with joy. Their only a couple months old... so no eggs yet!!
I also have 2 very spoiled dogs, a Jack Russell mix, a Boston Terrier and 3 cats. They still don't know what to think of our new family members.
I'm excited about meeting new friends here at BYC. It's a nice place to get good experienced information and just share our love for our chickens.

Welcome aboard Tina! We always love a new "veteran" member! Everyone here is amazing and you'll find it's a true community of chicken lovers.

Sounds like you went big on your chicken commitment! Love it. You'll be at home here for sure You've got some great breeds going and yes, from how you describe your freebie, you probably have a Cochin. Fancy pants is perfect!

Back
Top Bottom