New to Hatching Eggs in an Incubator

ameraucanaluv98

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 23, 2013
So, I bought a new incubator from Tractor supply, along with the automatic egg turner. I put in four eggs (2 Black Jersey Giant and 2 Auracauana/Ameraucana), two the first day, one the second day and another the day after. It has been 22 days, the first two babies still haven't hatched yet, although yesterday they were wiggling. Today they still haven't hatched, but they are still wiggling and I can hear them peeping! I've watched tons of you tube videos of babies hatching, though I am not sure it should take this long, even though I know it's not uncommon for them to hatch a day early/late. I put in a soaked paper towel for more moisture because I couldn't see any condensation on the windows like I could on the same incubator that people had in the videos. Temperature is at 99.5 (although it would rise and lower sometimes whenever I would take the cap off to check the fertility of the eggs, and it would be a bit difficult to get it back to the right temp). I'm just a bit worried because they still haven't poked holes through the shells, even though they have been peeping and wiggling around for two days, I just keep thinking they are stuck or something...

Ok thank you! I put them in on Saturday the 16th of November. Not sure to count that day, if counting it then their hatch date is today. And the water rings underneath is full, but there still wasn't any condensation so that's when I put in the wet towel. My neighbor who hatches chicks is coming to check them out later today, hopefully she can help.

Back
Top Bottom