new to here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mamasoldier, Sep 23, 2013.

1. mamasoldier

mamasoldier Out Of The Brooder

Sep 23, 2013
    hello everyone i am new here and new to owning chickens so far i have had them about 3 weeks and its been very fun for me and my family they are awesome. i got 4 hens 2 are buffs and the other 2 i actually have no clue what bread they are thats one im hoping to get answered. all 4 are not laying yet they are about 4 mths old but we are very excited for it as my family is organic and this is just 1 more step in that direction. so please feel free to comment and any suggestions are great i have read quit a bit and did tons of research of course before getting these ladies but im always up for more tips expecially "winter" tips because i live in colorado and well our winters are very cold.

2. AK Baha

AK Baha Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Anchorage, Alaska.
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome,Post a pick someone on here will know what you have.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG]

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Post a pic of your mystery chicken in the What Breed Or Gender is This? section, so we can have a look? For winter tips you have a look around the Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance section. It's that time of the year when we start having discussions on the topic and you are of course welcome to start a discussion yourself. Enjoy the site!

1 person likes this.
  6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] if you go to' where am I, where are you' in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread. Local people could tell you best how to get thru the weather with your flock.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by