new to here

mamasoldier

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 23, 2013
hello everyone i am new here and new to owning chickens so far i have had them about 3 weeks and its been very fun for me and my family they are awesome. i got 4 hens 2 are buffs and the other 2 i actually have no clue what bread they are thats one im hoping to get answered. all 4 are not laying yet they are about 4 mths old but we are very excited for it as my family is organic and this is just 1 more step in that direction. so please feel free to comment and any suggestions are great i have read quit a bit and did tons of research of course before getting these ladies but im always up for more tips expecially "winter" tips because i live in colorado and well our winters are very cold.

welcome-byc.gif
Hello and welcome,Post a pick someone on here will know what you have.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us! Post a pic of your mystery chicken in the
What Breed Or Gender is This? section, so we can have a look? For winter tips you have a look around the Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance section. It's that time of the year when we start having discussions on the topic and you are of course welcome to start a discussion yourself. Enjoy the site!

welcome-byc.gif
if you go to' where am I, where are you' in the social forum you can locate and post on your state thread. Local people could tell you best how to get thru the weather with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom