New to incubating...is this a blood ring?

bemery810

Hatching
Aug 5, 2020
Hi everyone! I am new to incubating and have 5 serema eggs currently incubating. When I candled last night (day 11) I noticed what looks like a blood ring starting. Could someone please help me out? Thank you for any help you can give. :)
Egg2.jpg
Egg1.jpg

Yes, it looks to be a blood ring but is hard to make out in the picture. By day 11 veining is very obvious when candling serama eggs. I candled some phoenix and serama eggs yesterday, on day 3, and the veining was noticeable.

Ok thank you for confirming my suspicions. So far out of 5 eggs I only have 2 viable. :hmm
I raise serama. I gave up on incubators for the most part as I never had a single serama hatch. My wife got one chick to hatch. Serama hens are constantly going broody and while their tiny bodies can't incubate many eggs-at least they hatch--sometimes. I find serama eggs touchy, I'll get three/four good hatches in a row and then one chick or nothing for weeks on end. My last hen did hatch four from four eggs. YEAH! Good luck with the last two eggs. Some people seem to have great luck with serama and incubators.

I raise serama. I gave up on incubators for the most part as I never had a single serama hatch. My wife got one chick to hatch. Serama hens are constantly going broody and while their tiny bodies can't incubate many eggs-at least they hatch--sometimes. I find serama eggs touchy, I'll get three/four good hatches in a row and then one chick or nothing for weeks on end. My last hen did hatch four from four eggs. YEAH! Good luck with the last two eggs. Some people seem to have great luck with serama and incubators.
Yea I can definitely see this was probably not the best choice to start my incubating with haha. But fingers crossed the 2 that I have left will make it through. I built a new coop just for my bantams and seramas so this is pretty disappointing but it's ok. I'll just be happy if I can get anything to hatch at this point. :)

Back
Top Bottom