NEW TO INCUBATING PLEASE HELP!!!!

choptank330

Songster
10 Years
Jul 31, 2012
Roanoke, Virginia
I went and bought a still air incubator today model 2100. The top temperature says 101.00 but the gauge inside is reading like 106.0 . I am new to this so I don't know what to do or which one to go by. If in turn the temp down, the temp on the thermometer on the incubator goes down to 90.0 and the one inside reads 101.0

Can someone please help me.

Thanks!!! Its going great! My Faverolle hen had started sitting on 10 eggs for me ( shes not a year old yet and this was her first time ) So, I was all excited. She was sitting good for a day. I ordered some Exchequer leghorn eggs and was planning on having her sit on them. Well a day before they got here she decided that she didnt want to be broody anymore. So that is when I went out and bought the incubator. So I FINALLY got it set up right and got the temperature right. But the 10 eggs she was sitting on and the 8 EL eggs in there. Well the temperature thing that came with it keep reading over 103, so I went and bought two more. Ever since then I have been able to keep the temp at 100.5-101 and I candled them last night and 8 out of 9 leghorn eggs are showing vens and movement. My other 10 eggs which most are mixed, I only saw 2 with veins, but 4 others I am not sure of because they are marans eggs and they are super dark!!

Sorry to make this so long,

But...

I am not sure if her sitting on those and getting off more than one time for the first day and a half ruined most of those or not, but I figured that I would give them a try as well.

They are set to hatch the week of August 19th!! I will post here my success or failure :/

Back
Top Bottom