New to incubating, quick question

I had fun! Hubby ate fast food on the way out and spent over 24 hours with food poisoning so a bit of a bummer for him. :sick
I did a quick check on the eggs tonight and I have veining in some already including all the refrigerator eggs I threw in as extra Olive Egger packing peanuts. :yesss:
I know this is an old thread but can someone enlighten me about the reference to refrigerator eggs veining? Can you hatch eggs that have been refrigerated?

I know this is an old thread but can someone enlighten me about the reference to refrigerator eggs veining? Can you hatch eggs that have been refrigerated?

Refrigerated eggs aren’t ideal to hatch, but many have had success with them. The fresher the better! I don’t normally refrigerate my eggs until they are past incubating standards (2-3 weeks old, for me) but I often incubate eggs that have been outside during very cold days.

Refrigerated eggs aren’t ideal to hatch, but many have had success with them. The fresher the better! I don’t normally refrigerate my eggs until they are past incubating standards (2-3 weeks old, for me) but I often incubate eggs that have been outside during very cold days.
I had no idea! Not planning to hatch but ya never know. Circumstances change. This might come in handy one day.

I had no idea! Not planning to hatch but ya never know. Circumstances change. This might come in handy one day.

Yep. I think a lot of folks buy eggs from Trader Joe’s that have been refrigerated and they seem to hatch fine. Also comes in handy if you happen to lose a special hen or rooster, and you have some eggs saved.

I’ve actually had really good success with my own eggs from the refrigerator. I don’t mean to incubate them but I like to make sure I have a full incubator so I will grab from my refrigerator eating eggs.
Heat is much more destructive to eggs being stored for hatching.

Back
Top Bottom