New to Japanese bantams and egg color.

nchls school

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 22, 2015
Tennessee
My wife ordered me some Japanese bantam eggs as a surprise. When delivered the eggs were bright white and some were off white. I keep reading that Japanese bantams lay brown eggs. Can the eggs of Japanese bantams be either brown or white?

I'm not sure where you read that Japanese bantams lay brown eggs, but that is incorrect. Japanese bantams lay off-white or cream colored eggs. So have no fear, your eggs are the correct color.

I'm not sure where you read that Japanese bantams lay brown eggs, but that is incorrect. Japanese bantams lay off-white or cream colored eggs. So have no fear, your eggs are the correct color.

Thank you for the response. From the internet; so much of what is there is untrue/unreliable. I have four nice healthy chicks from a dozen shipped eggs-supposedly from show quality birds. They seem so large compared to my serama chicks of the same age. But my serama chicks are tiny; if they don't move they blend in with the bedding and I'm constantly watching where my feet are.

Thank you for the response. From the internet; so much of what is there is untrue/unreliable. I have four nice healthy chicks from a dozen shipped eggs-supposedly from show quality birds. They seem so large compared to my serama chicks of the same age. But my serama chicks are tiny; if they don't move they blend in with the bedding and I'm constantly watching where my feet are.

You're welcome. Seramas are the world's smallest breed of chicken.

You're welcome. Seramas are the world's smallest breed of chicken.

Yes they are. I have four young pullets with chicks. I've been waiting months for serama chicks. For the longest time the chicks all died in the shell at different times during incubation. I'd about given up on the rooster I had with the hens.

Your name sounds familiar. When I mentioned it to my wife, she said the same thing; odd. We can not think of why.

Back
Top Bottom