New to keeping chickens in central illinois

Congratulations on the new hens! Love the colored egg layers, makes for a really fun egg basket!

This is Peeps , I love her eyes

And this is Magpie

love that she isn't solid black, that's not dappled light on her back that is her feather color .

( sorry tried to re size this so it would load with her up right but not having much luck)

Both girls are sweet and gentle . We think they will be great additions to our back yard flock when quarantine is over .

oh and the little flecks of stuff on Magpie are from her first dust bath in the quarantine run , it isn't lice. she got a good check over buy us and an experienced chicken keeper we call our
"chichen-mentor" :)

Last edited:
They are just gorgeous!!
love.gif

Thanks for sharing! :)

They are just gorgeous!!
love.gif

Thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks :) !! We fell in love them minute we saw them ! but it wasn't till the next day that we really got a good look at the feather and eye color . when we first got them their check over was more about making sure there were no lice, lifted leg scales indicating mites, runny noses, or other obvious signs of problems and Illness. SO getting to know them yesterday was even more exciting than going to get them :)

Congratulations on the new hens! Love the colored egg layers, makes for a really fun egg basket!
HI! Thanks :) ! When we knew we needed/wanted chickens I stuck to my dreams. I've wanted colored egg layers for so long ! Oh I can't wait to do a beautiful basket of colored eggs for your new Grand-daughter over the upcoming years. I have a couple friends who have shades of brown and some white and we are all talking about trading egg for egg so all the kids and Grand-kids can have beautiful eggs for Easter.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom