New to keeping chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DaisyChicken17, May 2, 2017.

1. DaisyChicken17

DaisyChicken17 New Egg

May 1, 2017
    Hello everyone,

We have only had our Golden Comets for 2.5 weeks. One of our hens starting dragging her left wing and is limping, not moving around much at all. We examined the wing and it doesn't seem to be broken, she's eating and drinking, poop looks normal, and she's laying eggs. We've separated her from the rest of the flock, and I've given her a small amount of apple cider vinegar in her water. Any ideas on what may be wrong with her? Please help![​IMG]

2. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Overrun With Chickens

Hey, DaisyChicken17! [​IMG] Sorry, I don't know much about disease, I have never had any problems.

3. EmRip

EmRip New Egg

May 2, 2017
    Maybe had an encounter with another chicken
    possibly a brain injury

Or maybe hot?
    idk

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sometimes a blow or peck to the head can cause brain injury. Her symptoms could also be Marek's Disease. Please post in fullest detail at "emergencies,diseases, injuries, cures," thread.

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under DaisyChicken17 [​IMG] Welcome!

Totally echoing what has already been mentioned, may be a head knock or and I hope not, Marek’s.

I see you have posted on the ER Forum and wish you and her all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by