new to Kuhr nesting boxes

Heather DB

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2017
Hi - We are building a new coop and have Kuhr rollout nesting boxes. The nests are plastic and I woud like to know if I should add bedding such as hay or if I need to purchase special pads? Also the flock is coming from a very different setup - Any suggestions on getting them to use the new aluminum and plastic boxes? Any input welcomed - Thanks...

Hi - We are building a new coop and have Kuhr rollout nesting boxes. The nests are plastic and I woud like to know if I should add bedding such as hay or if I need to purchase special pads? Also the flock is coming from a very different setup - Any suggestions on getting them to use the new aluminum and plastic boxes? Any input welcomed - Thanks...
Welcome to BYC!
Never heard of that brand, got a link?
Most rollouts don't use bedding as they interfere with the rolling out....
....why they use the pads.

Birds that aren't used to rollouts might need bedding until they get used to the new place and nests, then you slowly remove bedding until eggs will roll out.

Welcome to BYC!

Birds that aren't used to rollouts might need bedding until they get used to the new place and nests, then you slowly remove bedding until eggs will roll out.
Welcome to BYC!

Thanks!! www.kuhlcorp.com

Back
Top Bottom