New to Peafowl ...

angsaidso

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 7, 2012
Hi there! I have my first peacock and am searching for his new harem of girls. In the meantime, could someone give me a rough idea of their YEARLY treament schedule for their peafowl (wormings, etc) and what they use? I would like to keep up with all that my guy and his future brides need and I want to do it right. I have read an assortment of suggestions, but would rather run with something someone else is using that is tried and true. Thanks everyone! Oh, and how often are we using pour on ivermec? Between the wings on the back or someplace else? Thanks everyone (again).

Peace ~ Ang

Worming programs are based more on your location and what other types of fowl your peafowl will be exposed to. Here in the South I tend to worm more often than those up North, since their is no cold snaps that really freeze the ground. I rotate between Safeguard liquid, then Ivomectrian pour on either between the shoulders or on the bear skin under the wing... Then sometimes Wazine for round worms or Valbazen instead of Safeguard.

Back
Top Bottom