New to quail totally hooked

Harrmony

In the Brooder
May 12, 2019
I have 19adult quail with more coming up I am super into Italians and silvers I have one of each and three Italian males. When they molt do they lose most back and tail feathers including both males in that cage they look awful ashamed to let people see my quail looks like they have issues some pinfeathers coming back but would molt alone cause the bare butts? So far this has been my biggest issue so far I don't see mites or anything how should I handle my poor nekkid kids not cold here yet. So many hens not broody how do wild quail survive?

I have 19adult quail with more coming up I am super into Italians and silvers I have one of each and three Italian males. When they molt do they lose most back and tail feathers including both males in that cage they look awful ashamed to let people see my quail looks like they have issues some pinfeathers coming back but would molt alone cause the bare butts? So far this has been my biggest issue so far I don't see mites or anything how should I handle my poor nekkid kids not cold here yet. So many hens not broody how do wild quail survive?
Welcome.

How many quail do you have in the same cage and what is the size of your cage?

Back
Top Bottom