New to quails

When they're fully feathered that is.

@KranK How old are they ones you're buying? (I guess they are fully feathered if the seller can tell the gender on them - unless he is tricking you)
Yes, of course. And much better at it in winter plumage, I let mine molt in the fall so they have nice fluffy down.

When they're fully feathered that is.

@KranK How old are they ones you're buying? (I guess they are fully feathered if the seller can tell the gender on them - unless he is tricking you)
Im not buying them directly - a friend of mine who kept quails back then is buying them for me so idk

Im not buying them directly - a friend of mine who kept quails back then is buying them for me so idk
Ok, you should ask about their age then. If they are three weeks old then they should be able to cope with (mild) frost (as long as it is dry and sheltered from the wind).

3 Ladies and one gentleman in new home :) I couldn't get them the week before but they are here now :) They are now in small temporary cage in garage cuz there are still frosts but as soon as it gets better the'll be let to outside hutch. They are stressed, don't really want to get out of the sand bath place (that's where they went as soon as i put them there), even to drink (when i place waterer near it, they expand necks and drink) but ik that the've been probably in small, overcrowded cage, in noisy market + the car journey in dark box. Some seem sleepy but i think it's their first chance to get peaceful and quiet sleep. (My new chickens when i got em went straight to nesting boxes and didn't want to get out the nests and coop, they wen't outside in large group the next day). I gave them some wheat and chicken layer feed cuz i'll have quail feed in 3 hours so then i'll give them that.
1616315178109.png

Back
Top Bottom