New to raising Chickens in Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to BYC Marbury. We live in Clanton. Ours are the Alabama Layers, 3 pet hens being one Americauna named Liberty, one RIR named Lil Red and one pudgy Barred Rock named Rocki!

Hi
Welcome to BYC Marbury. We live in Clanton. Ours are the Alabama Layers, 3 pet hens being one Americauna named Liberty, one RIR named Lil Red and one pudgy Barred Rock named Rocki!

My brother lives in clanton so I'm up there fairly often Saturday actually it's nice to have a byc neighbor where did you get you're chickens from local or online hatchery

I'm in Montevallo, AL. Hoping to -finally- get some chickens this year. Been putting it off.. heh

Where did everyone get their chickens? Any good breeders around? I was going to get them from the Tractor Supply Co. but not hearing too much good about them. Don't wanna end up with male turkeys *laugh*

I was actually looking at them yesterday! They seem to offer what I need, I just don't know how to get to their $25 minimum order haha. Only want about 4 chicks.... Anyone wanna split an order? *laugh*

You can bye something like a book or supplies I think as I've never actually made the order but when my 6 chicks were only 13 dollars and I added some non chick items and it let me proceed to check out although there items are kinda high it's worth it if you don't wanna end up with 10 chicks

It said $25 in chicks.. I am -really- loving the gorgeous Wyandottes though.. at $3something a piece, I should be able to make it to $25 :p They don't become in stock for atleast another month though. Afraid to see what shipping runs.. I may go with TSC chicks, from what I hear they carry EE's, which sounds kind of fun and a good beginner chick.

It said $25 in chicks.. I am -really- loving the gorgeous Wyandottes though.. at $3something a piece, I should be able to make it to $25 :p They don't become in stock for atleast another month though. Afraid to see what shipping runs.. I may go with TSC chicks, from what I hear they carry EE's, which sounds kind of fun and a good beginner chick.

Definitely getting some ee's when are you planning on ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom