New to raising poultry

Lilyblue74

Chirping
5 Years
May 19, 2018
Hi, I'm Michelle. I live in Southern Vermont with my 2 children and my husband. We are just getting back into keeping poultry after a break. We recently bought 1 1/2 acres of forested land that has a nice stream on it. We want to do homesteading and try to keep as much of our use off grid as possible. We used to have chickens a few years back but had to rehome them due to our new neighbors that had moved in next door. They tried to feed our birds rat poison and encouraged their dogs to harass them. We never let them free range as we live in the village. Now that we're getting ready to move we decided to start raising poults so by the time we move they'll be ready for the great outdoors. I currently have 2 Midget Whites and have 2 Narragansetts and 2 Royal Palms that are supposed to be delivered on June 1st. I really miss having birds. I found BYC when I was googling turkeys for small homesteads and found a wealth of info on here. I'm looking forward learning more about poultry and eventually in the future, incubating eggs and how to process my own birds. I have other hobbies besides learning about poultry. I currently work as a non skating official for our local roller derby league working on be a referee, I also do American Tribal Style Belly Dance and also collect diecast models. Currently I have 7 snakes, 3 lizards, 3 turles, 1 Russian Tortoise, 1 rat, 3 mice, 3 cats, 1 Asian Forest Scorpion, 4 tarantulas and 1 rabbit. Most of my pets are rescues.

welcometoBYC.jpeg
It is great having you here! I have had problem neighbors too.

At the new place, you will be like this!

advanced chicken math.jpg

Back
Top Bottom