New to raising Quail

priccabona

Chirping
Sep 20, 2015
Hi there! I have read a WEALTH of information, from feeders/waterers, pens, incubating, hatching, raising plus a lot more.. I love this forum..My story is.. I have a 14 yr old grand daughter that lives with me. She is in FFA, she need to pick a project for the year. She thought about raising Chickens, but we really don't have the room, and have neighbors.. thought the noise/smell? might not work very well..She settled on Quail. We have a local person that just started raising them, so we got 6 girls (6 week old) from him, planning only on selling eggs.Then she decided she wanted to try her hand at hatching them. She got 2 boys from him and 2 more girls, now for a total of 2 boys and 8 girls. I ordered a Cheap 48 egg incubator off ebay, (should have reserched better). She has 34 eggs in the incubator now for 3 days. We will see what happens. She has hit a few bumps in the road, but things are getting better. If she gets any to hatch, that will be wonderful, if not, its a learning project.I have lots of questions, will be moving on the the question part of the forum, I know I will get all the answers I need, will be asking for myself and also for her! Thanks for taking the time to help newbies like us!!!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about quail (never had any), but definitely post on our Quail section under the forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our quail experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Sorry don't know about quail BUT, you can post on the "Quail thread," and experienced people will respond. Welcome to Backyard chickens.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom