New to site

Well look what we have here,my girls finally laid. Got three. How many can one Chicken have at one time? All three were in one box.

Well look what we have here,my girls finally laid. Got three. How many can one Chicken have at one time? All three were in one box.

Congratulations on the eggs! On average it will take about 24-25 hours for a chicken to produce an egg so I would say those 3 eggs came from different chickens. It's not unusual for them to share a box (sometimes even at the same time).

Usually a single box becomes the favorite, it's the same reason you only need a box per 4-5 hens. You could have a box for each hen an they may go ahead and use one they see as perfect. They usually pick the highest box that is the end or the boxes.

Congratulations on the eggs! On average it will take about 24-25 hours for a chicken to produce an egg so I would say those 3 eggs came from different chickens. It's not unusual for them to share a box (sometimes even at the same time).

X2 on NorthFlChick's post. It's possible for a hen to lay 2 eggs within a day but very uncommon and physically impossible for a hen to lay 3 eggs in a day.

Back
Top Bottom