1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New to the BackYardChickens! Pics included!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pullinV3s, Nov 23, 2015.

1. pullinV3s

pullinV3s Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2015
    Peoria, Az
    Hello All!
    My fam and I are new Chicken owners and so far love them! They are quite curious and very social animals! We have one Buff Orpington, one Ameraucana, and one Delaware. The Delaware has become the dominate one and kinda has taken over as the Queen!

I found an old Kids playhouse made of very think wood on CL and converted it into their Coop. Here are some pics.
    [​IMG]
    the Buff s name is Anya, Ameraucana is Link and the Delaware is LuLu.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

there is now hay and substrate in the coop for them to make a good sleeping spot. I will post more pics soon as they get accustomed to their new living space!

2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Your coop is very cute. Thanks for posting the pics. :eek:) My main concern is that if your chickens fly over the little fence into the main yard, what will happen with your dog as dogs and chickens don't usually mix well. Dogs (even small ones) tend to view chickens either as prey or else as chew toys. :eek:( If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. pullinV3s

Nov 18, 2015
    Peoria, Az
    Thank you Michael! Will do!

4. Chewbagawk

Chewbagawk Out Of The Brooder

That's a cool setup you have! Just in case you're worried about your birds hopping a fence and getting into your neighbor's prized kale or something like that, you might want to consider clipping their wings if you haven't done so already. It doesn't bother them, nor is it visible, and it's not permanent; it just keeps them from easily clearing obstacles.

1 person likes this.
  5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    You're welcome.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Love your coop. Have fun with your flock!

1 person likes this.
  7. pullinV3s

Nov 18, 2015
    Peoria, Az
    Thanks for the infoChewy! I didn't know that you could clip the wings.
    I will defiantly have to do some more research to find out how to do that!

Thank you Northflchick. i just saw some peoples coops on this site and fig i would go for it! more pics to come as we improve there coop/run!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC!

1 person likes this.
  9. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Welcome to BYC! It's a great flock of folks around here! Lovely coop for your girls!

1 person likes this.
  10. Chewbagawk

Chewbagawk Out Of The Brooder

No problem! It's just a suggestion, not a "You NEED to do this" or "You should do this", but it does save the hassle.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by