New to the BYC community!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CrazyDoubleBs, Oct 21, 2015.

1. CrazyDoubleBs

CrazyDoubleBs Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2015
    Nampa, ID
    Hi Everyone,

We are excited to be a part of BYC and learning and sharing with everyone here!

We first started our adventures by getting 8 quail, that were only 1 week old from a friend of ours. It was definitely an
    exciting time for us, especially when they started laying their first eggs! We ended up getting about 3 eggs a day, until they
    began giving us 7 a day! We also decided that we would try and hatch some of our own from their eggs, and after 2 attempts,
    we were successful in hatching one beautiful little quail chick! She has since then been put in with the others, and
    they are all living happily and quite content.

Our next adventure, was when we decided to raise chickens. So we set out on a quest to find some chickens to start with.
    We ended up with 5 in total, they are Wyandotte/Rhode Island Cross mix, and they were about a month and a half old when we got
    them. We built them a nice big coop, and have since than been enjoying them as they continue to grow and actually appear
    to have their own personalities. :) We will be adding more to our flock in the spring, and I can't wait!

I initially stumbled upon BYC by doing various research on chicken coops and trying to learn everything I could about our
    quail. Ever since than, I have been hooked and come back daily to check out the different comments, articles, videos, etc.,
    in my quest to learn more!

Some of our other hobbies that we both like to do (when we aren't playing around with our chickens and quail) are cooking,
    baking, camping, cozy fires in our fire pit that we just built in our back yard, along with spending time with our 2 dogs and
    cat. We have a golden retriever named Buster, a Pom-a-Poo named Jake and our cat named Onyx. All of which keep us on our toes
    and are the best of friends! As a side note, I would like to add that I have wanted goats to add to our backyard experiences,
    however my husband isn't too sure how ready he is for that committment yet! But, I keep working on him nonetheless. :)

We have been together for 26 years, have 3 wonderful children and 2 twin granddaughters. For the most part,
    I have been able to stay home raising our children and keeping up the chores at the house, while my
    husband goes off to work. I do however run my own business from home, selling essential oils :)

Our life is full and we feel blessed to have what we do, and to now be a part of this wonderful community!

Looking forward to getting to know people and to learn and share.
    Eric and Reba aka CrazyDoubleBs :)

1 person likes this.
  2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC, glad you joined us [​IMG]

3. CrazyDoubleBs

CrazyDoubleBs Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2015
    Nampa, ID
    Hi and thank you!

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Eric and Reba. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

5. 7littlegirls

7littlegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2015
    Long Island NY
    Hello [​IMG]Welcome to BYC

6. tdepointe

tdepointe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2015
    Brooklyn, Connecticut
    Welcome to BYC

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Eric and Reba, so glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. [​IMG]

8. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello Eric & Reba!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by