New to the byc thread

tiggerb143

In the Brooder
Nov 27, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I've had chickens of my own for 2 years now but have had birds on and off thru out life with my family.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?4 silkies, 12 leghorns, 11 isa browns, and 2 ducks

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?I love their company...eggs are a bonus

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?I am mom, what the kids are interested in I am interested in...lol

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
1 husband , 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, and all my birds that I just can't get enough of.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? Aunt Mosie

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
That's a decent sized flock you've got there.
Thanks a bunch, I started with 6 and a rooster last year, and I loved it so much I added more this year, and ended up losing all but one of my babies from last year to the road and predators. My mama silkie is nesting on 40 eggs now so we will see if I get some more...

Thanks a bunch, I started with 6 and a rooster last year, and I loved it so much I added more this year, and ended up losing all but one of my babies from last year to the road and predators. My mama silkie is nesting on 40 eggs now so we will see if I get some more...
Yikes! The road is why mine ended up penned in a 1/4 acre area surrounded with poultry netting. I got sick of going after them when they started to parade up the road and cross over to the neighbors backyard where I frequently hear fox.
Good luck with the babies!! :love I hope one of mine goes broody in the spring so she can raise some new babies for me too.

Back
Top Bottom