New to the chicken scene in GA!

BreannaCS

Chirping
6 Years
May 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
Hi everyone. My partner and I are new to this whole chicken business but we're loving it so far
love.gif
. I'd love to talk and discuss about, well, everything, but especially coop building and we're looking to purchase one soon or make our own.

We're starting our flock with about 7 chicks. I'm not sure what breeds they are, but I'm pretty sure that they're mostly mixes. I'm not sure if that matters much or not. 4 of them are around 2-3 months old. the last three are just babies, only about 3 weeks old. We're keeping them seperate for now.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks so much!

-Bre

I'm from Middle Georgia. I have 11 chickens and 3 ducks about 6 weeks old. I have just built a coop and run and I am looking forward to warmer dryer weather so I can turn them out into the run. This is my first chicks in 50 or so years but I raised chickens growing up. I have spent my adult life on larger birds, airplanes. I came up with my coop after looking at others on this site. It is 4X8 with an 8X12 ft run. I would be glad to help with any information that I can.

Greetings from Kansas, Bre, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! The Coops section is a great place to explore - you'll find opinions on various sizes and styles of coops, clever modifications, and predator-proofing. Good luck and have fun!

Back
Top Bottom