New to the chicken world

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Haunted Chicken, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    So happy to have found BYC! I guess I'm not the only person who wakes up thinking about chickens lol. After years of being obsessed with Halloween I finally added a new obsession. Chickens! I've spent the last month pacing the yard and measuring for a coop and run. I finally convinced my husband the 40 foot pool has got to go (It's taking up far too much room). Chickens are coming [​IMG] Now that's a good man to fill in the pool for his wife's chickens [​IMG]. Hopefully I'll find a temporary spot until then.

2. BarnChick

BarnChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    Spirit Lake
    [​IMG] hope you find all the information and friends you can handle. Its so much fun here. Awesome hubby also!!

3. blusea23

blusea23 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    Aromas, CA
    How fun! Going from a consumer to a producer [​IMG] very chic. Welcome from a fellow newbie:D

4. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    OMG you have a pool! That is a Perfect Predator Proof base for deep litter method!

Quick! Save the pool! Check out the Woods-Style chicken house and use the pool as the base! You can compost there and never have to buy litter! OMG you are SO BLESSED!

Good luck with your chickens [​IMG]

5. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

6. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. Haunted Chicken

Haunted Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    6chickens in St. Charles :

OMG you have a pool! That is a Perfect Predator Proof base for deep litter method!

Quick! Save the pool! Check out the Woods-Style chicken house and use the pool as the base! You can compost there and never have to buy litter! OMG you are SO BLESSED!

Good luck with your chickens [​IMG]

lol needed a spew warning for that one. Too funny!

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone [​IMG]

8. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    [​IMG] Don't worry.Only you and 90,000 thousand more peeps think of chickens all day long.

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You are in with good company. [​IMG]

10. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    A 40 ft pool? Shoot, I'd put a good bit of sand in it, a roof over it & viola--Instant chicken coop! Of course it might make Foxworthy's "Redneck Yard of the Week" but it would be awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by