New to the chicken world

Haunted Chicken

Songster
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Oregon
So happy to have found BYC! I guess I'm not the only person who wakes up thinking about chickens lol. After years of being obsessed with Halloween I finally added a new obsession. Chickens! I've spent the last month pacing the yard and measuring for a coop and run. I finally convinced my husband the 40 foot pool has got to go (It's taking up far too much room). Chickens are coming
big_smile.png
Now that's a good man to fill in the pool for his wife's chickens
love.gif
. Hopefully I'll find a temporary spot until then.

OMG you have a pool! That is a Perfect Predator Proof base for deep litter method!

Quick! Save the pool! Check out the Woods-Style chicken house and use the pool as the base! You can compost there and never have to buy litter! OMG you are SO BLESSED!

Good luck with your chickens
yippiechickie.gif

6chickens in St. Charles :

OMG you have a pool! That is a Perfect Predator Proof base for deep litter method!

Quick! Save the pool! Check out the Woods-Style chicken house and use the pool as the base! You can compost there and never have to buy litter! OMG you are SO BLESSED!

Good luck with your chickens
yippiechickie.gif

lol needed a spew warning for that one. Too funny!

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

A 40 ft pool? Shoot, I'd put a good bit of sand in it, a roof over it & viola--Instant chicken coop! Of course it might make Foxworthy's "Redneck Yard of the Week" but it would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom