New to the chicken world.

welcome-byc.gif
from Kansas, philja! Happy you joined chcken r' us!
celebrate.gif
Best of luck relocating them outside! It's a good feeling graduating them to the coop!
wee.gif

Figured been as I was on here, I'd post a picture of the coop we are so eager to put our girls in.
smile.png

We also took a step backwards today and made a chicken swap with one of our friends in town that was getting chicks. When we purchased our chicks we ended up getting 3 barred because my wife didn't want them to be lonely and the feed store was out of 'easter eggers'; but the feed store got more chicks in today and I had told him I would take him to get his chicks. He ended up taking one of my chicks so that I could get an easter egger and still keep my flock at 6. Now we have one little tiny week old fuzzy butt in with our 5, 3 weekers. The newbie sticks out like a sore thumb, but the others seem to be accepting it and letting her walk around like she's been there the whole time.
smile.png

Welcome - don't worry, you can't possibly have "only 6 chickens" for long - that's how I started and now I have 21 and that is very small compared to most people here! "Chicken math" gets you every time.

Your coop looks great!

deb g
KY:welcome

Back
Top Bottom