New to the Chicken world!

torilovessmiles

Songster
5 Years
Sep 19, 2014
Central West Virginia
Hello! My name is Tori, and I am 18 years old. I love my chickens :D
My family and I are fairly new to chickens, and we have started our flock with just six Golden Comet hens. We've all had some experience at family's farms, so I'm not completely in the dark!
tongue.png

They just began laying recently, and we love having fresh, nutritious eggs whenever we need them.
I also use their feathers to make handcrafted feather jewelry, so it is important to me that they're healthy and their feathers stay soft and shiny. Like anyone who is new to something, I have questions about them. Which is why I joined this forum!
I look forward to future discussions! ^_^

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Golden Comets are one of many labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, but no matter which label they are marketed under, Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. You are going to get A LOT more eggs from them. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Golden Comet hens.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your flock! The Golden Comets should be great layers for you!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom