New to the community!

kapatterson5

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2017
Me and my husband are just beginning our urban farm adventure! We live in Edmond OK after having moved from Arizona just last year.
We now own just under two acres of property, which is a lot to us, and we have the perfect spot for a chicken coop! We just got our coop kit in the mail and I found this site while researching what types of materials pros use as a foundation to secure the coop from adverse weather conditions and predators.
We have 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 swimming pools. (The last part about the pools is also true, but I added it because I can't get over why anyone in their right mind would build 2 swimming pools in their back yard...can't wait to fill one in!)
My husband grew up on a wheat farm and I am a city girl, but we both have everything to learn about raising chickens! We'll be on this site daily as we prepare the space for our future chickens and once we get our hens moved in.
Thank you in advance for all of your informative posts and help!
Very sincerely,
Kimberly from OK

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Yes, you certainly have come to the right place for all the fun and learning! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of great articles on helping you get started and all the other aspects of keeping poultry... https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

So make yourself at home here and we do welcome you to our roost! :)

I was where you are a few month ago. The people here are so patient and never mind the questions. I couldn't have done it right without them. So much to learn to do it right. FYI......what I had in my mind as being a good coup and run is nothing like the palace it has turned into. They look up at you with those widdle eyes and peep.....next thing you know you are building a lounging patio. oh......and the plate of veggie treats in the afternoon. Yes, my wife actually boils carrots for them now. Good grief......I am lost in this aren't I.

Back
Top Bottom